Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Bleaching Epidemic



Really though! Is it me or has Vybez Kartel gone totally mad?!?! He says in an interview I watched on You Tube that he basically loves the way he looks and says how people just want a new look so that's why they bleach their skin. Hahahaha! Ok Mr. Kartel. Does the name Michael Jackson ring a bell? May his soul rest in peace and I loved the King of Pop too, neither am I going to dispute whether Michael Jackson had a skin condition but I will say that it will become an obsession for Kartel if he is not careful. Kartel even bleached a portion of his fingers and another portion still has his real skin colour. I really don't know what the world is coming to but if Vybez Kartel is not mad then I don't know who is.


I'm certainly not one to judge but this bleaching situation is unacceptable to me. You don't have to be religious but know that God made you in His likeness and with that said, we don't have to bleach our skin to be hot! It's almost unethical and inhumane. (Big laugh) To make things worse, Kartel even got a multitude of tattoos on his new skin color which I can't imagine why he would think that it's art or something. Like seriously Kartel, please go back to your natural...black is beautiful!

I honestly believe that there is something within Kartel that has caused him to act in this irrational way. Maybe he wasn't comfortable in his own skin and lacked confidence. Maybe he was teased as a child about his complexion. I don't really know but something pushed him "over the edge" but he better mind that he doesn't fall off that edge because he looks like he is close to doing so.

On a more serious note, I have noticed in traveling to Jamaica that skin bleaching has taken over the nation. So many people want to look different, they want to be lighter. An interview conducted in Jamaica posted on You Tube detailed the views of country's citizens concerning Vybez Kartel and some approved because they were also bleaching. I was appalled to hear that Jamaicans were condoning such behavior. What happened to the days when the natural beauty was the best? The problem is that we need to take a look at the 'man in mirror' and love that man rather than trying to change everything about him. We are beautiful people and every human being has differences. That's how we were made and we should love every thing about our selves because it makes us who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment